Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Exhaustion

I am so tired. I can't keep up with anything.

I'm exhausted. I don't sleep well, I don't eat right, I can't do enough fast enough, I can't not be miserable and fat. I am annoyed with everything.

I keep running up that road, keep running up that hill.

This is kind of an amazing (but slightly awful) cover, and it captures how I felt about the original. If I only could.



Go ahead, tell me to shake it off. You may lose a toe (but I promise it will be a small one).

p.s. Is it time to reset the dang layoff/slash/resignation clock yet? I am dizzy.

3 comments:

Basiljaz said...

The doctor is in. Why are you tired? Wassup? I feel you need margaritas in July.

Basiljaz said...

Ok, I also have to say that the last time I felt like you describe, I ... I freaking moved to New Zealand. I remember being emotionally and physically tired by a combination of my life and my job and moving to NZ pretty much resolved that.

Can I just say that working where you feel unappreciated and scared for your life will suck what little life from you that you have left? Do a reality check. Where do you want to be in a year? Five?
Three?

Do we need a perspective check? The doctor is holding a clinic on July 17 in Scottsdale at a venue of your choice. Word.

Julia said...

Hey, I'm concerned. It's been pretty quiet on your blog so I was happy to see that you had written, but seems like things are a little (crazy, stupid, uncertain,taxing tenuous,shitty) for you right now? I am sorry about that sis.

I don't think telling you to shake this off is the answer, as I would much prefer to keep my newly painted summer toe(s)!I will say it must be a trite measure of relief knowing that somewhere, someone has a much more miserable existence.

Seriously, I am sorry that your current work environment has proven so hazardous to your quality of life. This will pass, you know it will. I am inclined to agree with Basiljaz on a number of things, including the inherent call for margaritas in July!

Love you,