Sunday, July 26, 2009

Golfing!

bk has taken up golf.

He played for the first time in his life (although I'd gone to the driving range with him once) when we visited Chetek in early July. Since then, we've been three times out to a really lovely "Executive" course near his house. It's 55 par (there is a single par 4, the rest are 3's) and we are hideously bad. The good news is that everyone who plays that course is also hideously bad. It's also great exercise and a good way to spend time together because we walk it (obviously).

It's lovely there -- I wish I had a picture of the really wonderful old trees -- but the chances of being hit by a ball at that course are substantial. The fairways are extremely narrow so I almost always end up on the 6th fairway when I tee off on 1. Ok, always. So far.

Anyway, I've updated my golf scores (new list up on the right) so you'll see that I'm improving in very small ways. I shot less than double par today.

I consider it a victory.

No comments: