Sunday, December 14, 2008

Whew! 103! That's a Load Off My Mind!

I had an awesome day, so let me tell you how it started.

bk got me into geocaching back in August, and then I visited Phoenix in October and introduced RAJwantsabirdie to it. I never really thought of it as a competitive sport, but RAJwantsabirdie can be counted on to make just about anything competitive. I only had 26 caches when I got him started and he's been taunting me since about how he's going to pass me in numbers.

Initially, I scoffed, he will never pass me. The more I thought about it, though, I realized: it's inevitable. He's determined, he has nice weather this time of year, and he has 671 caches within 10 miles of his house. As of yesterday, I too was determined, but it was 30 degrees out, and I only have 109 caches within 10 miles of my house -- many of which, I've already found.

So, to make peace with those circumstances, I settled for logging 103 caches total (21 in the last 24 hours) ... handily beating RAJwantsabirdie to 100. I'll be looking at his ass for the rest of this race, but that's ok because it feels good right now.

And it is, after all, the best I can do.

Here's to the end of a gorgeous (but really cold) day spent with my absolute favorite: That's right ice-cold-Amber-Bock-next-to-a-roaring-fire, I'm talking to you!

Oh, and you too bk! ;-)

As for RAJwantsabirdie -- thanks for making me work for it! Good luck and happy caching!

15 comments:

bk said...

Mmmmmmm, Amber Bock...

prettygoodlife said...

Mmmmmmm, bk...

Basiljaz said...

Hey you two, get a room!!

bk said...

Oh, p'shaw! :)

Basiljaz said...

So are you totally sitting there reading each other's blog comments today? Now THAT'S a modern relationship ;-)

bk said...

What, you expect us to interact only via the primitive ways of the text message? :)

Basiljaz said...

Here's a challenge for you kids...find the Lea US to Lea NZ travel bug. It's somewhere around the US now. It made it as far as Hawaii before someone who clearly couldn't read brought it back to the mainland.

bk said...

It's in MI right now. It's been on my watchlist since the day that Lea L. set it loose. Will definitely try to snag it if it gets near me (or vice versa). Too bad it never got all the way to you!

Basiljaz said...

Maybe by the time I get back to NZ it will head that way again. Here's hoping!!

Basiljaz said...

PGL, it looks like BK and I have taken over your blog. Beware!

bk said...

Or maybe we'll bring it to you someday. :)

Basiljaz said...

Yes, do bring the travel bug with you. I'd love to see you guys.

Julia said...

Hi Guys~
Yippee, got myself a garmin and found my first real cache today. Colder than hell and snow laden, but lot's of fun.
~Julie
(Scout J)

bk said...

Awesome! Congrats, Julia!

prettygoodlife said...

Hey, Scout J, I have a name for you now!

Glad you got your cache -- be sure to log those other six we found together! You have caches in two states already! I'll send you the list.