Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

I just got back from my semi-annual visit to Chetek. We visited my sister in the hospital, saw the fourth of July parade, went to the Rod and Gun store, we watched some fireworks, chatted with the neighbors, pooh-poohed over the state of the other neighbor's yard, we watched the Chetek Hydroflites, went to two cemetaries, I sang the National Anthem twice, and I won seven games of Rummikub (out of eighteen games I played) . We also went out on the boat a lot.

I'll try to dole out the excitement in small pieces. Here's my favorite of the week:



Please, also note that my friend Basiljaz (sis, you may remember her and the Kiwi as our gracious hosts) has combined her seriously Dickensian leanings with her love of air travel so that her new blog appears in my bloglist. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Basiljaz said...

Love the photo. That's summer.
Thanks for mentioning my blog ... I guess.

prettygoodlife said...

Well, the sis will love that she can follow your continuing adventures. That is, if she ever reads this.

Basiljaz said...

You didn't say it was the home of the "Fish-O-Rama"!

prettygoodlife said...

Didn't I?