Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What Riley Found

Riley found this in the yard.

I should probably mention that Riley is the most lovely dog. He was my sister's gift to her love when he was a puppy. He's loyal and friendly and a bit old, but he loves to fetch. Riley loves to fetch like other creatures love to breathe. He will let you throw for days while he fetches -- I'm not exaggerating. He will fetch until you fail him, and let him drop dead. It's his purpose.

On Sunday, he found this thing in the yard and he brought it to us and our initial impulse was to say, "Ew, Riley!" and throw it. But....he fetched it and brought it back.

I should also mention that the fourth of July is an amazing time for where I spend my summer vacation. The neighbors have a one bedroom trailer with a garage so they end up with about 20 people living in tents, all sharing the same bathroom. And my dad's place isn't much better because on the fourth we had seven beds sleeping a total of nine people, all sharing one bathroom.

It's typical of the neighborhood. On the fourth, it's such a GREAT place, it's heaven, we're all willing to live in a tent just to be there.

But anyway, back to what Riley found.....I think he may have found it in a tent.



(Go ahead and click if you want more detail. We took this picture after he'd already bitten off the end. But look at him! He's so eager! "Throw it!" he's thinking, "Throw it, you knuckleheads! I will bring it back!").

According to the branding on the side, it's called a "Hypertool" -- I'm afraid to google it.

5 comments:

Basiljaz said...

Isn't it killing you to know who owns it?

bk said...

He does seem awful proud of his find...

bk said...

Oh, and just so you know, Googling it doesn't seem to provide any answers. At least none that I've discovered so far. You know you were curious.

prettygoodlife said...

Oh, lord, I'm DYING to know who would bring this to the lake.

Julie said...

Ha ha ha! I almost forgot about that object! You have definitely described what "a Riley" is to folks that don't know him. I love it that somebody else out there appreciates his essence. He really is one of a kind. On a Friday night at 8:55 after another day of fetching on the brain, he has finally resting motionless. Hard to believe, I know.