Friday, August 29, 2008

Las Vegas

Sorry, I've been inattentive. To make sure I get this done, I'll break it up into a couple of different entries.

First, I went to Vegas 8/7 through 8/10. I hadn't been in years -- so long that I'm not even sure I remember the last time I went, which I think was probably for work. Anyway, I've decided I haven't missed much.

In some ways, many things have changed and in some ways nothing is different. The crowds are still horrendous. I was talking to RAJwantsabirdie and he said, "Yeah, you have that thing --it's not a fear of crowds exactly -- it's ... just ... an unreasonable seething anger at crowds." I think that kind of sums it up. I was ready to brain somebody on the walk from the Flamingo to the Venetian. I'm not sure that Vegas understands that the train should be cheaper ($5 one way, but if you have two people...that's cab fare).

While there, I did enjoy myself. I got to see a friend I hadn't spent time with in years, I hung out at the pool at my mom's timeshare (which is spectacular), then hung out at the pool at the Luxor (not so spectacular), I spent entirely too much for dinner at the Venetian (ok, it was very good, and the waiter spoke Italian to the Italian party at the next table, but still), saw Cirque du Soleil's O, enjoyed the fountains at Wynn's, and went to see the Dale Chihuly piece at the Bellagio. Here's a little piece of that last one.



The funniest part was probably the first night when my mom kept getting me drinks and so I ended up quite tipsy, standing in Wynn's at 1:30 in the morning (4:30 for me) with my face up against the glass at the Chanel store saying, "Pretty!"

My favorite part was getting home. ;-)

No comments: