Monday, August 4, 2008

What I've Been Up To

My friend from Oz asked me where I've been and why I haven't blogged in a while (thanks for noticing, family) and the answer is that I've been here but occupied with the silliest things. I have been trying to at least update the whole listening to/watching sections, because life does continue and at least those things have changed, but ... yeah, that's weak.

The straight story is that I've had some fun personal stuff going on, and I'm getting ready to go to Las Vegas at the end of the week. I really want you all to do your own blogs though (family) so I feel like I need to make this a regular thing, and the only way to do that is ... just do it. So I'll share with you two things that I found really interesting this week.

First, I found some beautiful Rainier cherries. I walked into the produce section on Sunday and absolutely had to have them. I'm not a produce person, not a great shopper, I'm not particularly adventurous, and I don't vary much from a pretty fixed grocery list, but these are gorgeous tasting. They're tangy and sweet and firm and juicy and, well, it sucks for you not to be eating these. They give me joy every time I open the frig and I wish I could take a picture that does them justice (this is God's way of telling me I should get a new camera).



Second, I've been re-listening to Peter Gabriel's solo stuff and that, too, is gorgeous. The music is so thick and has so much texture, plus there's something expressive in his voice that makes me want to crawl up into it and stay awhile. Sometimes I'll find myself playing a track or even an entire CD over and over. I love his new one too, called Big Blue Ball, which is a collaboration with lots of other artists that spanned over ten years. It's really skillful, but you can tell they had a blast while making it.

So, anyhoo, although I haven't done very much worth talking about, I feel comfortable that my advice for the rest of your week is directly on target: Rainier Cherries and Peter Gabriel. Find a way to make it work.

7 comments:

lifeinpine said...

Cherries????????

prettygoodlife said...

Of course! Duh! Cherries!

bk said...

Peter Gabriel?????? :)

prettygoodlife said...

Of course! Duh! Gabriel!

bk said...

I love that song he did called "You're the Inspiration". Somebody said that to me once.

prettygoodlife said...

Argh! Wrong Peter!

bk said...

You're telling me? :)