Thursday, October 2, 2008

San Diego

San Diego was the site for my company's most recent client forum -- sort of a convention where we get our clients to talk about what they like, see what's new, hang out, and generally have a good time. It's something many of us dread (including me), but I always have fun.

This year we had a great speaker in Brett Leake, who is both a comedian and a motivational speaker -- emphasis on the comedy (I laughed until I cried). Here's a link to his website. He's very inspirational in that he has some significant health issues that are a big part of his act, but he presents his material in such a way that you end up thinking not about his story so much as your own. It was a very touching (and, again, very funny) talk.

My flight home was at around nine in the morning and I enjoyed the airport so much that I wanted to share. These are some things that were right around my departure gate. The fountain with the "sun" above it is quite stunning in real life.



1 comment:

lifeinpine said...

You should have called if you were bored. Love you