Thursday, April 2, 2009

BodyBugg Update

This ... thing (my Body Bugg) ... is amazing. I've thought a lot about diets and about some research that I read and, essentially, all diets boil down to burning more calories than you consume. That's it. It shouldn't be anywhere close to the billion dollar industry that it is since it's really just simple math.

But having had a somewhat long term personal success on Weight Watchers (about five years ago), and shorter term success on weirder diets, I think I've realized that the whole thing about a diet is what ever works for a person on an emotional level. If you like meat and butter and don't like depriving yourself, you'll do great on Adkins. If you like the meetings and emotional support, you'll love Weight Watchers.

The Body Bugg appeals to me because I can tell how many calories I burned (the thing is strapped to my arm all day) and because if I'm honest, I tell it how many calories I consumed. The bug makes me want to go take a walk around the parking lot at 3:00 because I know that will pump my metabolism. It makes me NOT take a candy from someone's candy dish because I know I will have to log it.

Short version of this story: I have been dieting since January 1st, and I got my bug two weeks ago. I have lost nine pounds since the beginning of the year, four of which were lost in the last two weeks.

This thing rocks. Look out candy! I can win!

No comments: