Thursday, April 2, 2009

I just have to say....

I really, normally, try to say happy and kind of upbeat things in this blog. It is public, after all. I assume the folks reading it are bored and have little better to do right at the moment.

Today my work team (which I regard almost as family since we've been together and spend more time in each other's company than many actual families) was notified that two of us were gone, two of us were about to be adopted out to other teams, one of our treasured members was goaded by a member of senior management into saying things he probably would keep to himself in clearer-headed hours, and his comments were greeted by heckling from a second member of senior management.

I know that layoffs occur. I know the entire nation is struggling. But today was distasteful. I'm very sad.

Don't worry, I will probably take down this post later (on the good advice of Basiljaz and bk) but I wanted to say it. I'm sad. I feel like I've lost family.

5 comments:

bk said...

I don't see anything wrong with this post. Keep it up - I am sad, too.

prettygoodlife said...

Thanks, babe. All of this breaks my heart. It's like choosing between siblings and it's arbitrary and it irks me.

Julia said...

Sorry to hear about this. I know that you guys are a real close group.

J

Basiljaz said...

This one is good. Don't kill it. E-mail me details of who, what, etc. Do I know any of them?

bk said...

And it's done nothing but gotten worse since PGL posted this. Although not directly on our team, the layoff count is now at 9 (if I'm counting correctly), and many of the folks affected have been around for double-digit years. Are they done yet?